Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Race Review: Bullseye Father's Day 10k

This is the second time I've run this race, although last year it was an 8k. Unfortunantly I ran this race much, much, much slower than every other 10k I've done in the past.

Even worse my dad beat me. My 67 year-old father who ran in Adidas shoes and uses a hanky to wipe his brow beat me. By 5 minutes :(

Sadly, this is turning into a trend for me. As I sign up for longer and longer races I get slower and slower. 2 years ago I did a 10k in just under 1 hour (59:45). This weekend I did it in 1:14:30 and felt tired at the end.

In my defense I both know what I need to do to fix this (go on more shorter but faster runs) and I had a really good excuse for running slow. After I ran the 10k I went to work for 8 hours and then went to go play soccer (were we won 3-1 and I got an assist on the first goal!).

So, not the best result. But I made it through the race injury free and with a good idea of what I need to do before my next 10k.

No comments:

Post a Comment